It’s just two months people! Two months till the best day of the year! So today I have a little something to help us all get in the Christmas spirit (literally… awkward pun). These are perfect for Christmas presents for those people you just do not know what to get, I will be dishing mine out to work colleague and friends. They are so Christmassy and really look like you’ve put a lot of effort into them.. which of course you have (but it definitely looks and tastes much more expensive than it is!)
What you will need…
- 200g fresh cranberries
- 70g unrefined caster sugar
- 700ml vodka
- 20ml Cointreau
- Pretty bottles to present them in!
ideally you should do this six weeks before you would like to begin handing your gifts out, hence the early posting of this post 🙂
- Pop all your cranberries and all the sugar into a sterilised container and crush the fruit until all the cranberries are ‘popped’.. the noise of the popping as actually oddly satisfying.. I just used a rolling pin to crush mine
- Once sufficiently crush add all of the vodka and stir so evenly mixed
- Now is the boring bit… waiting. Seal your container and store in a cool dark place for six weeks. Make sure you check back in once or twice a week and give the container a shake
- Once the six weeks are up strain the vodka, add the Cointreau and pour into your chosen sterilised bottles and decorate accordingly
Now because I’ve only just put mine awake for six weeks I can’t show you the finished product, but if it is anything like last year they will be in small mason jar with Rafter and Holly leaves as decoration! I will be sure to post my finished product as soon as i have it!
Enjoy! and let me know how you get on.